What is EFT and how does it work?
Some day the medical profession will wake up and realize that unresolved emotional issues are the main cause of 85% of all illnesses. When they do, EFT will be one of their primary healing tools… as it is for me. - Eric Robins, MD -
EFT is short for "Emotional Freedom Techniques. Its is based on new discoveries about the link between emotions and health. It's provided thousands with relief from pain, diseases and emotional issues. Simply stated, it is a unique version of acupuncture—except you don’t use needles! Instead, you stimulate well established stress relief points on your body by tapping on them with your fingertips. No physical pain is involved in the process and it is so easy to learn and portable that you can use this simple technique anywhere.
I am an Advanced EFT Practitioner in Rivonia, South Africa. I’ve completed both the AAMET’s training (up to Level 3) and Gary Craig’s standardized online examination (EFT-Cert 1). The AAMET training is very practical, whereas Gary Craig’s official examination tested theoretical knowledge.
Laurie Adams and myself recently created The EFT Academy of Southern Africa to provide excellent EFT Training for those who wish to empower themselves with this marvelous tool!
My personal experience with EFT
I can’t begin to explain the profound changes I’ve encountered in a one-hour EFT session!
I’ve worked with fear of public speaking, fear of flying, fear of another operation, many other fears, huge guilt because of a husband that committed suicide, weight issues, love relationship issues, abundance issues, not finding a job, irritation with an overbearing mother, deep-seated patterns of being overly responsible for others’ wellbeing, resentment because of continued emotional abuse, father-in-law issues, mother-in-law issues, sadness over long lost relationships, physical pain, head-aches…. The list goes on and on.
EFT has been remarkably effective in every single case I’ve worked with. I’m astounded at the range of issues EFT can help resolve. Another huge benefit of an EFT session, is the amazing insights and awareness (or WOW’s) a person suddenly has. A client will often report a huge insight into a pattern they’ve had for years, and can clearly see it’s origins (after years of trying unsuccessfully to understand).
A client normally leaves a session feeling ‘lighter’, ‘fantastic’, ‘amazing’, ‘hugely relieved’, ‘positive’, ‘I can see the light’, ‘I don't know why this bothered me for so long’. People often report feeling completely distant from their problem, or no longer able to tune into it. Like it’s lost it’s charge. Or like the issue is now behind a wall and they no longer feel affected by it.
I tap every day for my own issues and can report magnificent long term benefits.
Coming for an EFT session gives you a tool/skill that you can use at home, at work, on holiday, when you’re mad with the children, when you want to kick the dog or fire the gardener… As we tap during the session, you learn how to apply it on your own. We’re not normally taught any skills to deal with our emotions. EFT is such an easy, effective tool to help us cope in a crazy world. I cannot imagine a life without my trusty tapping!
What are the benefits of EFT?
- You can use EFT for just about anything, from the common cold to cancer
- It's easy to apply
- You can apply it on the spot, in the heat of the moment, just before you actually explode (I've used it in a bank right in front of the "Relationship Manager"!
- You can help your children to understand and process their emotions
- EFT can be done over the phone ro Skype - you don't even have to leave your home!
- We can treat nearly every emotional issue on the book… including fear, trauma, depression, grief, anger, resentment...
- Read case histories of EFT and how it has helped thousands of people struggling, maybe just like you…
- After/during EFT, you normally have insight into the challenge, and it's possible to learn from the situation then, instead of feeling like the victim
- It puts the power back in your hands... it's something you can "do" about situations you'd normally feel powerless about
- It's a tool I never, ever want to be without again - it helps me in every situation of my life
- You can also tap positive intentions and really create your day the way you want it
- You stimulate your body's own healing response by using EFT
- You minimise the effects of stress on your body and there's science to back it up
- Read how I recently used EFT to help me in my own very stressful situation